RISE-DC history: Founded in 2003 as RICH by Paul Penniman
- Over 2,000 students served since RISE-DC’s inception
- Over 5,000 hours of tutoring or mentoring provided to students in 2017-18
- revenue, 2017-18: $285,000
- $148,000 from individuals
- $46,000 from foundations and corporations
- $91,000 in-kind contributions
Administrative expenses: $31,000 (part-time bookkeeper, fundraising efforts, insurance, audit report, office supplies, etc.), approximately 11% of total revenue; approximately 89% of revenue goes directly to programs.